2014 Alaska Statutes
Title 17 - FOOD AND DRUGS
Chapter 17.38 - THE REGULATION OF MARIJUANA
Sec. 17.38.900 Definitions. [Effective February 24, 2015].
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
(1) "board" means the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board established by AS 04.06;
(2) "consumer" means a person 21 years of age or older who purchases marijuana or marijuana products for personal use by persons 21 years of age or older, but not for resale to others;
(3) "consumption" means the act of ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana into the human body;
(4) "local government" means both home rule and general law municipalities, including boroughs and cities of all classes and unified municipalities;
(5) "local regulatory authority" means the office or entity designated to process marijuana establishment applications by a local government;
(6) "marijuana" means all parts of the plant of the genus cannabis whether growing or not, the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of the plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or its resin, including marijuana concentrate; "marijuana" does not include fiber produced from the stalks, oil, or cake made from the seeds of the plant, sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination, or the weight of any other ingredient combined with marijuana to prepare topical or oral administrations, food, drink, or other products;
(7) "marijuana accessories" means any equipment, products, or materials of any kind which are used, intended for use, or designed for use in planting, propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, composting, manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing, analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, vaporizing, or containing marijuana, or for ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana into the human body;
(8) "marijuana cultivation facility" means an entity registered to cultivate, prepare, and package marijuana and to sell marijuana to retail marijuana stores, to marijuana product manufacturing facilities, and to other marijuana cultivation facilities, but not to consumers;
(9) "marijuana establishment" means a marijuana cultivation facility, a marijuana testing facility, a marijuana product manufacturing facility, or a retail marijuana store;
(10) "marijuana product manufacturing facility" means an entity registered to purchase marijuana; manufacture, prepare, and package marijuana products; and sell marijuana and marijuana products to other marijuana product manufacturing facilities and to retail marijuana stores, but not to consumers;
(11) "marijuana products" means concentrated marijuana products and marijuana products that are comprised of marijuana and other ingredients and are intended for use or consumption, such as, but not limited to, edible products, ointments, and tinctures;
(12) "marijuana testing facility" means an entity registered to analyze and certify the safety and potency of marijuana;
(13) "retail marijuana store" means an entity registered to purchase marijuana from marijuana cultivation facilities, to purchase marijuana and marijuana products from marijuana product manufacturing facilities, and to sell marijuana and marijuana products to consumers;
(14) "unreasonably impracticable" means that the measures necessary to comply with the regulations require such a high investment of risk, money, time, or any other resource or asset that the operation of a marijuana establishment is not worthy of being carried out in practice by a reasonably prudent businessperson.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.