2011 Alaska Statutes
Sec. 21.27.860. Unlicensed nonresident adjusters.

AK Stat § 21.27.860 (through 27th Leg Sess 2012) What's This?

(a) A nonresident independent adjuster not licensed by this state who is licensed by and in good standing with its resident state may act as an adjuster and adjust a single loss in this state during a calendar year, or may act as an adjuster and adjust losses arising out of a catastrophe as declared by the director, if, within 10 days after the start of an investigation or adjustment under this section, the nonresident independent adjuster has advised the director in writing of the adjustment and provided the following information:

(1) the individual and firm name;

(2) the business mailing address;

(3) the business physical address and phone number;

(4) the licensing state of residence;

(5) the resident license number; and

(6) other facts that the director may require.

(b) A nonresident independent adjuster may be sued upon a cause of action arising in this state arising from an adjustment under this section under the procedure provided in AS 21.33.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.