2022 Code of Alabama
Title 37 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation.
Chapter 10A - Alabama Shortline Railroad Infrastructure Rehabilitation Act.
Section 37-10A-3 - Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Transportation or any successor agency of the department.
(2) FUND. The Alabama Shortline Railroad Infrastructure Rehabilitation Fund created by this chapter.
(3) GRANTEE. A local public railroad authority created pursuant to Chapter 13 of this title, Sections 37-13-1 to 37-13-21, inclusive, or other entity that may become eligible for financial assistance pursuant to federal or state law.
(4) PROGRAM. The Alabama Shortline Railroad Infrastructure Rehabilitation Program providing grants, loans, or other financial assistance for the rehabilitation of shortline railroads operating in Alabama.
(5) SHORTLINE RAILROAD. A Class III shortline railroad operating in Alabama.
(Act 2008-382, p. 711, §3.)