Go to previous versions of this Chapter
2022 Code of Alabama
Title 35 - Property.
Chapter 5A - Uniform Transfers to Minors Act.
- Section 35-5A-1 - Short Title.
- Section 35-5A-2 - Definitions.
- Section 35-5A-3 - Transfers and Custodians to Which Chapter Applicable; Personal Jurisdiction Over Custodian; Transfers Made Under Law of Another State.
- Section 35-5A-4 - Nomination of Custodian.
- Section 35-5A-5 - Transfer by Gift or Exercise of Power of Appointment.
- Section 35-5A-6 - Transfer by Will or Trust.
- Section 35-5A-7 - Other Transfer by Fiduciary.
- Section 35-5A-8 - Transfer by Obligor.
- Section 35-5A-9 - Receipt and Discharge for Transfer of Custodial Property.
- Section 35-5A-10 - Manner of Creating Custodial Property and Effecting Transfer; Form of Transfer; Control of Custodial Property.
- Section 35-5A-11 - Transfer to Be for One Minor; Only One Custodian; Single Custodianship.
- Section 35-5A-12 - Validity of Transfer; Interest Conveyed; Rights of Custodian and Minor as to Property Transferred; Provisions of Chapter Incorporated in Transfer; Transfer Does Not Authorize Settlement or Release of Claims.
- Section 35-5A-13 - Powers and Duties of Custodian as to Custodial Property Generally.
- Section 35-5A-14 - Custodian Has Rights and Powers That Unmarried Adult Would Have as to Property.
- Section 35-5A-15 - Delivery, Payment, or Expenditure of Custodial Property for Benefit of Minor.
- Section 35-5A-16 - Custodian's Expenses, Compensation, and Bond.
- Section 35-5A-17 - Exemption of Third Person From Liability for Good Faith Dealings With Custodian.
- Section 35-5A-18 - Claims Against Custodial Property; Personal Liability of Custodian and Minor.
- Section 35-5A-19 - Renunciation, Resignation, Death or Removal of Custodian; Designation of Successor Custodian.
- Section 35-5A-20 - Accounting by and Determining of Liability of Custodian.
- Section 35-5A-21 - Termination of Custodianship Upon Minor's Reaching Age 21 or Age of Majority or Upon Minor's Death.
- Section 35-5A-22 - Applicability of Chapter.
- Section 35-5A-23 - Transfers Made Before and Custodianships Existing on October 1, 1986; Property Held in Custodianship Which Terminated Between July 22, 1975, and October 1, 1986, When Minor Attained Age 19.
- Section 35-5A-24 - Uniformity of Application and Construction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.