2022 Code of Alabama
Title 28 - Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages and Wine.
Chapter 11 - Sale of Tobacco Products Regulated by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
Section 28-11-12 - Advisory Board.
(a) An advisory board shall be established to monitor the implementation of this chapter. The advisory board shall meet at least quarterly. Representation shall consist of one representative from each of the following:
(1) The Office of the Governor.
(2) The Office of the Attorney General.
(3) The Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
(4) The Department of Public Health.
(5) The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
(6) The Senate as appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
(7) The House of Representatives as appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(8) The Alabama Oilmen's Association and the Alabama Convenience Store Operators as appointed by the Governor and selected from three nominees submitted by the association.
(9) The Alabama Retail Association as appointed by the Governor and selected from three nominees submitted by the association.
(10) The Alabama Grocers' Association as appointed by the Governor and selected from three nominees submitted by the association.
(b) The membership of the advisory board shall be inclusive and reflect the racial, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state.
(c) The chair of the advisory board shall be a representative from the board who shall be responsible for the conduct of the meetings and any correspondence derived therefrom.
(d) Other than the legislative appointees, each representative shall be appointed by his or her respective department head, and shall hold the appointment for a one-year term.
(e) A representative may be reappointed as deemed appropriate by his or her department head, or in the case of legislative appointees, the Lieutenant Governor or Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(f) The advisory board may issue written recommendations for program modification to the board.
(Acts 1997, No. 97-423, p. 721, §12.)