There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - Commercial Law and Consumer Protection.
Chapter 38 - Data Breach Notification Act of 2018.
- Section 8-38-1 - Short Title.
- Section 8-38-2 - Definitions.
- Section 8-38-3 - Reasonable Security Measures; Assessment.
- Section 8-38-4 - Investigation of Security Breach.
- Section 8-38-5 - Notice of Security Breach - Individuals Affected.
- Section 8-38-6 - Notice of Security Breach - Attorney General.
- Section 8-38-7 - Notice of Security Breach - Consumer Reporting Agencies.
- Section 8-38-8 - Notice of Security Breach - Covered Entity.
- Section 8-38-9 - Violations of Notification Requirements.
- Section 8-38-10 - Disposal of Records Containing Sensitive Personally Identifying Information.
- Section 8-38-11 - Exemptions - Federal.
- Section 8-38-12 - Exemptions - State.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.