2021 Code of Alabama
Title 13A - Criminal Code.
Chapter 2 - Principles of Criminal Liability.
Article 1 - Culpability.
Section 13A-2-1 - Definitions - Generally.
Definitions - Generally.
The following definitions apply to this Criminal Code:
(1) ACT. A bodily movement, and such term includes possession of property.
(2) VOLUNTARY ACT. An act performed consciously as a result of effort or determination, and such term includes the possession of property if the actor was aware of his physical possession or control thereof for a sufficient time to have been able to terminate it.
(3) OMISSION. A failure to perform an act as to which a duty of performance is imposed by law.
(4) CONDUCT. An act or omission and its accompanying mental state.
(5) TO ACT. Either to perform an act or to omit to perform an act.
(6) CULPABLE MENTAL STATE. Such term means "intentionally" or "knowingly" or "recklessly" or with "criminal negligence," as these terms are defined in Section 13A-2-2.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §301.)