2021 Code of Alabama
Title 13A - Criminal Code.
Chapter 12 - Offenses Against Public Health and Morals.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
Section 13A-12-3.7 - Collection and Remittance of Taxes; Statement Requirements.
Collection and remittance of taxes; statement requirements.
(a) Each person who makes a delivery sale shall collect and remit to the department all excise taxes imposed by this state with respect to the delivery and maintain evidence of the payment unless the person is located outside the state and includes a statement on the outside of the shipping package stating: "Alabama law requires the payment of state taxes on this shipment of cigarettes. You are legally responsible for all applicable unpaid taxes on these cigarettes."
(b) A statement meets the requirements of this section if the following occur:
(1) The statement is clear and conspicuous.
(2) The statement is contained in a printed box set apart from the shipping label and other markings contained on the shipping package.
(3) The statement is printed in bold capital letters.
(4) The statement is printed with a degree of color contrast between the background and the printed statement that is no less than the color contrast between the background and the largest text used on the shipping label.
(5) The statement is located on the same side of the shipping package as the shipping label.
(Act 2006-619, p. 1694, §1.)