2021 Code of Alabama
Title 13A - Criminal Code.
Chapter 10 - Offenses Against Public Administration.
Article 2 - Escape and Other Offenses Relating to Custody.
Section 13A-10-42 - Hindering Prosecution or Apprehension - Definition of "Criminal assistance."
Hindering prosecution or apprehension - Definition of "criminal assistance."
For the purposes of Sections 13A-10-43 through 13A-10- 45, a person renders "criminal assistance" to another if he:
(1) Harbors or conceals such person;
(2) Warns such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this subdivision does not apply to a warning given in connection with an effort to bring another into compliance with the law;
(3) Provides such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise or other means of avoiding discovery or apprehension;
(4) Prevents or obstructs, by means of force, deception or intimidation, anyone except a trespasser from performing an act that might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person; or
(5) Suppresses, by an act of concealment, alteration or destruction, any physical evidence that might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4635.)