2021 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 15 - Public Building Authorities.
Section 11-15-4 - Certificate of Incorporation - Contents; Approval.
Certificate of incorporation - Contents; approval.
The certificate of incorporation of the corporation shall state:
(1) The names of the persons forming the corporation together with the residence of each thereof and a statement that each of them is a duly qualified elector of and property owner in the county;
(2) The name of the corporation;
(3) The location of its principal office, which shall be in the county seat of the county;
(4) The number of directors (which shall be three or a multiple of three); and
(5) Any other matters relating to the corporation which the incorporators may choose to insert and which shall not be inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the state.
The name designated for the corporation in the certificate of incorporation shall be one indicating the purpose thereof, such as "_______ County Public Building Authority" (the name of the county to be filled in the blank space) or some other name of similar import. The form and contents of the certificate of incorporation must be submitted to the governing body for its approval, which shall be evidenced by a resolution or order duly entered upon the minutes of the governing body. The certificate of incorporation shall be signed and acknowledged by the incorporators before an officer authorized by the laws of the state to take acknowledgment of deeds, and the certificate of incorporation shall have attached thereto a certified copy of the resolution provided for in this section and a certificate by the Secretary of State of Alabama that the name proposed for the corporation is not identical with that of any other corporation in the state or so nearly similar thereto as to lead to confusion and uncertainty.
(Acts 1951, No. 682, p. 1172, §4.)