2021 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 11-1-1 - Number and Names of Counties.
- Section 11-1-2 - County Declared a Body Corporate.
- Section 11-1-3 - Jurisdiction Over Navigable Streams Not Within Limits of Any County; Execution of Process on Said Streams.
- Section 11-1-5 - Uniform Designation for County Governing Bodies.
- Section 11-1-6 - Transfer of Money Erroneously Paid Into County Treasury, etc., to State Treasury.
- Section 11-1-7 - Appointment and Use of Public Depositories; Liability.
- Section 11-1-8 - Closing of County Offices on Legal Holidays and for Special Circumstances; Deadlines Extended for Filing Documents.
- Section 11-1-9 - Payment of Costs of Defense of Lawsuits Against County Officials; Validation of Prior Payments.
- Section 11-1-10 - Contracts With Federal, State, and Other County Governments.
- Section 11-1-11 - Payment of Membership Fees in State Organizations, etc., for Sheriffs, Tax Assessors, Tax Collectors, Circuit Clerks and Registers, License Commissioners, Etc.
- Section 11-1-12 - Preparation, etc., of County Assessment Maps or Plats.
- Section 11-1-13 - Alteration, etc., of Precinct or Beat Lines or Creation of New Precincts or Beats.
- Section 11-1-14 - Provision of Voting Places Where Precinct or Beat Lines Altered, etc., or New Precincts or Beats Created.
- Section 11-1-15 - Authority to Join National and State Association of County Commissions.
- Section 11-1-16 - Warrants for Borrowing Purposes - Execution.
- Section 11-1-17 - Warrants for Borrowing Purposes - Form of Warrants, Refunding Warrants, Coupons, Etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.