2020 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - State Government.
Chapter 23 - Department of Economic and Community Affairs.
Article 2 - Alabama Enterprise Zone Act.
Section 41-23-28 - Required Agreement by Appropriate Governing Authority.
Required agreement by appropriate governing authority.
The department shall designate qualified enterprise zones only after receiving notice from the appropriate governing authority that it additionally agrees to:
(1) Devise and implement a program to improve police protection within the zone.
(2) Give priority to the use in the zone of any UDAG, CDBG, JTPA, industrial bonds, or other funds received from the appropriate agencies of the federal government.
(3) Assist the department in certifying employers to be eligible for said benefits.
(4) Authorize the department to supersede certain specified local regulations and ordinances which may serve to discourage economic development within the enterprise zone.
(5) Assist the department in evaluating progress made in any enterprise zone within its jurisdiction.
(Acts 1987, No. 87-573, p. 897, §9.)