2020 Code of Alabama
Title 38 - Public Welfare.
Chapter 2 - State and County Departments and Boards of Human Resources.
Section 38-2-6.1 - Office of State Parent Locator for the Location of Absent Parents Established; Duties; Assistance of Other Agencies, etc.; Use of Information Obtained.
Office of State Parent Locator for the Location of Absent Parents established; duties; assistance of other agencies, etc.; use of information obtained.
(a) As used in this section, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) ABSENT PARENT. The parent of a minor child who owes a financial ligation for the support of the minor child or a putative parent against whom a complaint has been filed.
(2) OFFICE. The state parent locator in the Department of Human Resources for the location of absent parents, hereinafter created.
(b) The Office of State Parent Locator for the Location of Absent Parents is hereby established, and shall perform the following duties:
(1) Assist any governmental agency or department in locating an absent parent.
(2) Coordinate any activity on a state level in a search for an absent parent.
(3) Obtain and disseminate, as hereinafter provided, any information which directly relates to the identity or location of an absent parent.
(4) Develop guidelines for coordinating activities of any governmental department, board, commission, bureau, or agency in providing information necessary for the location of absent parents, and otherwise implementing the provisions of this section.
(c) Upon request of the office, any governmental department, board, commission, bureau, or agency in this state shall provide any information which shall assist in implementing the provisions of this section.
(d) The information which is obtained by the office shall only be available to a governmental department, board, commission, bureau, agency, or political subdivision of any state for the purposes of locating an absent parent for enforcing their liability of support.
(Acts 1980, No. 80-727, p. 1469.)