2020 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - Public Officers and Employees.
Chapter 29 - State Employees' Health Insurance Plan.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
Section 36-29-5 - Expenses, Treatment, etc., Not to Be Included Under Plan.
Expenses, treatment, etc., not to be included under plan.
(a) Such health insurance shall not include any of the following:
(1) Expenses incurred by or on account of an individual prior to the effective date of the plan.
(2) Cosmetic surgery or treatment, except to the extent necessary for correction of damages caused by accidental injury while covered by the plan or as a direct result of disease covered by the plan.
(3) Services received in a hospital owned or operated by the United States government for which no charge is made.
(4) Services received for injury or sickness due to war or any act of war, whether declared or undeclared, which war or act of war shall have occurred after the effective date of this plan.
(5) Expenses for which the individual is not required to make payment.
(6) Expenses to the extent of benefits provided under any employer group plan other than the plan in which the state participates in the cost thereof.
(7) Such other expenses as may be excluded by regulations of the board.
(b) This section shall not mandate the coverage of hearing assistance devices except that the State Employees' Health Insurance Board may determine by a majority vote of the board to cover such expenses in part or in whole on or after April 11, 2000.
(Acts 1965, No. 833, p. 1564, §4; Act 1982, No. 82-519, p. 866, §1; Act 2000-218, p. 326, §1.)