2020 Code of Alabama
Title 28 - Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages and Wine.
Chapter 3 - Regulation and Control of Alcoholic Beverages in Wet Counties.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
Section 28-3-15 - Acquisition, Dispensing, etc., of Alcoholic Beverages, Wine, etc., for Medicinal, Scientific, etc., Purposes by Physicians, Dentists, etc.; Acquisition, etc., of Wine for Sacramental or Religious Purposes by Ministers, Pastors, Etc.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 28-3-15 (2020)

Section 28-3-15

Acquisition, dispensing, etc., of alcoholic beverages, wine, etc., for medicinal, scientific, etc., purposes by physicians, dentists, etc.; acquisition, etc., of wine for sacramental or religious purposes by ministers, pastors, etc.

(a) Regularly licensed physicians, dentists or any person holding a license to practice medicine or to engage in any profession wherein the treatment of the human body or of an animal body is necessarily involved, clinics, noncommercial laboratories, manufacturing establishments, hospitals or sanatoria may acquire, own and dispense for medicinal, mechanical, scientific or other nonbeverage purposes only any alcoholic beverage, wine or ethyl alcohol.

(b) Any minister, pastor or officer of a regularly organized religious congregation or church and any other person who, under the ritual of any recognized religious denomination is authorized or required to use wine for sacramental or religious purposes in the ceremonies or ritual of such religious denominations, may acquire, own and use wine for such purposes only.

(Acts 1936-37, Ex. Sess., No. 66, p. 40; Code 1940, T. 29, §74; Acts 1943, No. 257, p. 229, §1.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.