2020 Code of Alabama
Title 17 - Elections.
Chapter 13 - Primary Elections.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 17-13-1 - "Primary Election" Defined.
- Section 17-13-2 - Applicability of Chapter; Applicability of General Election Laws to Primary Elections.
- Section 17-13-3 - Time and Place for Holding Primary Elections.
- Section 17-13-4 - Payment of Compensation of Officers and Other Expenses of Elections.
- Section 17-13-5 - Filing of Declaration of Candidacy; Certification of Names of Candidates; Preparation of Ballots; Unopposed Candidates.
- Section 17-13-6 - Only Qualified Candidates to Be Listed on Ballots.
- Section 17-13-7 - Persons Entitled to Vote; Voter to Certify Political Party Preference by Signing Poll List.
- Section 17-13-7.1 - Persons Entitled to Vote in Primary Runoff Elections
- Section 17-13-8 - Ballots, Stationery, and Supplies; Pledge Printed on Ballot; Spoiling of Ballot.
- Section 17-13-8.1 - Instant Runoff Primary Elections in Certain Situations.
- Section 17-13-9 - Duty of Judge of Probate to Furnish and Deliver Election Supplies.
- Section 17-13-10 - Ballots to Be Secret and Inviolate.
- Section 17-13-11 - Watchers at Polls.
- Section 17-13-12 - Returning Officers.
- Section 17-13-13 - Counting of Votes; Results to Be Posted for Public Inspection.
- Section 17-13-14 - Counting of Ballots; Materials to Be Sealed; Delivery and Retention of Materials; Posting of Certificate of Result.
- Section 17-13-15 - When Voted Ballots Container and Records of Election Container May Be Opened.
- Section 17-13-16 - Public Proclamation of Results of Election; Distribution of Certificates of Results.
- Section 17-13-17 - Canvass, Tabulation, and Declaration of Results.
- Section 17-13-18 - Candidate With Majority of Votes Declared Nominee of Party; Second Primary Election; Certification of Results.
- Section 17-13-19 - Procedure When One Candidate Declines to Enter Second Primary.
- Section 17-13-20 - Determination of Majority of Votes Cast.
- Section 17-13-21 - Tie Votes.
- Section 17-13-22 - Certification of Nominees to Judge of Probate.
- Section 17-13-23 - Filling of Vacancies in Nominations.
- Section 17-13-24 - Voting More Than Once.
- Section 17-13-25 - Changing or Altering Returns of Primary Elections.
- Section 17-13-26 - Additional Duties of Sheriff, Chief of Police, Etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.