2020 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 20 - Judicial and Other Public Records.
Article 2 - Judicial Records.
Section 12-20-31 - Substitution of Lost, etc., Papers or Records in Civil Cases - Appeal From Court Order or Decree Granting or Denying.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 12-20-31 (2020)

Section 12-20-31

Substitution of lost, etc., papers or records in civil cases - Appeal from court order or decree granting or denying.

From any order of a circuit or district court or probate court granting or refusing substitution under this article, an appeal lies to the appropriate appellate court as from final judgments or decrees in civil cases. From an order of a district court, an appeal to the circuit court lies as in other cases, and the trial is de novo.

(Code 1867, §651; Code 1876, §558; Code 1886, §659; Code 1896, §2652; Code 1907, §5744; Code 1923, §10137; Code 1940, T. 7, §13.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.