2020 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 20 - Judicial and Other Public Records.
Article 2 - Judicial Records.
Section 12-20-28 - Substitution of Lost, etc., Papers or Records in Civil Cases - How Made - in Pending Action or Proceeding.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 12-20-28 (2020)

Section 12-20-28

Substitution of lost, etc., papers or records in civil cases - How made - In pending action or proceeding.

If the action or proceeding in which the substitution of a lost, mislaid, destroyed or mutilated original paper is proposed is pending and undetermined, the substitution must be made on notice of not less than one day to the adverse party or his attorney of record, if he has such an attorney, accompanied with a copy of the paper offered in substitution; but, if such adverse party or his attorney of record does not reside in the county, notice may be given by the filing of the paper and the entry of a motion to substitute, or the filing of such motion, for one day prior to the making thereof. On the hearing of such motion, affidavits and counter affidavits may be received as to the correctness of the proposed substitute.

(Code 1886, §657; Code 1896, §2648; Code 1907, §5740; Code 1923, §10133; Code 1940, T. 7, §9.)

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.