2020 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 3 - County Commission.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 11-3-1 - Qualifications of Candidates for County Commissioner; Vacancies; Composition of Commission; Meetings.
- Section 11-3-1.1 - Authority of Single-Member District Commissioners to Alter District Boundaries.
- Section 11-3-1.2 - Contesting County Commission Redistricting or Reapportionment Actions.
- Section 11-3-3 - Bond of Commissioners.
- Section 11-3-2 - Eligibility of Commissioners to Serve on Public Boards, Etc.
- Section 11-3-4 - Reimbursement of Travel Expenses of Commissioners.
- Section 11-3-4.1 - Compensation of Commissioners.
- Section 11-3-5 - Awarding of Contracts, etc., With Related Family and Business Interests; Employment of Family Members.
- Section 11-3-6 - Vacancies.
- Section 11-3-7 - Quorum.
- Section 11-3-8 - Scheduling of Regular and Special Meetings.
- Section 11-3-8.1 - Meetings When Regular Meeting Day Falls on Holiday.
- Section 11-3-9 - Special Meetings.
- Section 11-3-10 - Authority as to Establishment, etc., of Roads, Bridges, Ferries, Etc.
- Section 11-3-11 - Powers and Duties Generally.
- Section 11-3-11.1 - Authorization, Adoption, Levy, Assessment, Collection, or Enforcement of Excise, Privilege, or License Taxes Ratified.
- Section 11-3-11.2 - Collection of Local Taxes - County Commission.
- Section 11-3-11.3 - Collection of Local Taxes - Department of Revenue.
- Section 11-3-12 - Designation of Courthouse Offices for Installation of Telephones.
- Section 11-3-13 - Adoption of Budget System for County; Appropriation of Funds for Payment of Actual Expenses.
- Section 11-3-14 - Disposition of Funds From Special Tax Levy.
- Section 11-3-15 - Operation, etc., of Bridges Over Navigable, etc., Streams - Authorized Generally; Expenditure of County Funds Therefor.
- Section 11-3-16 - Operation, etc., of Bridges Over Navigable, etc., Streams - Joint Operation, etc., by Several Counties.
- Section 11-3-17 - Operation, etc., of Bridges Over Navigable, etc., Streams - Authority Where Bridges in Incorporated Cities, Towns, or Municipalities.
- Section 11-3-18 - Chief Administrative Officer.
- Section 11-3-19 - Proceedings at Meetings of County Commission - Appointment of Special Clerk.
- Section 11-3-20 - Proceedings at Meetings of County Commission - Presiding Officer.
- Section 11-3-21 - Statement of Financial Status - Required.
- Section 11-3-22 - Statement of Financial Status - Compliance With Publication Requirement.
- Section 11-3-23 - Semiannual Publication of County Receipts and Expenditures - Penalty for Failure to Publish.
- Section 11-3-24 - Replacement of Destroyed Record Books.
- Section 11-3-25 - Acquisition, etc., of Copies of Field Notes of Original Government Survey of County Lands.
- Section 11-3-26 - Supernumerary County Commissioners.
- Section 11-3-27 - Certain County Commissions Authorized to Prohibit Topless, Bottomless, or Nude Dancing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.