2020 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 17 - Burial Places, Graveyards and Cemeteries.
- Section 11-17-1 - Petition for Appointment of Commission to Locate or Enlarge, Mark Boundaries, etc., of Burial Places, Graveyards or Cemeteries.
- Section 11-17-2 - Commission - Appointment; Notice of Appointment and Issuance of Commission to Members.
- Section 11-17-3 - Commission - Establishment and Marking of Boundaries; Preparation and Filing of Reports.
- Section 11-17-4 - Commission - Assessment and Report of Damages From Taking of Property, Etc.
- Section 11-17-5 - Recordation of Proceedings Upon Payment of Damages and Costs.
- Section 11-17-6 - Dedication to Public and Use of Burial Place.
- Section 11-17-7 - Appeals From Assessment of Damages - Authorized.
- Section 11-17-8 - Appeals From Assessment of Damages - Bond.
- Section 11-17-9 - Appeals From Assessment of Damages - Establishment of Date for Hearing; Summoning and Empaneling of Jurors; Notice of Hearing.
- Section 11-17-10 - Appeals From Assessment of Damages - Conduct of Hearing Generally; Establishment of Damages by Jury.
- Section 11-17-11 - Appeals From Assessment of Damages - Entry of Judgment for Damages and Costs.
- Section 11-17-12 - Property Not Deemed Dedicated Until Damages and Costs Paid.
- Section 11-17-13 - Preservation, Repair, etc., of Public or Private Burial Places, etc., Declared Charitable Purposes; Conveyances, Devises, etc., of Burial Places for Such Purposes Deemed to Create Charitable Trusts.
- Section 11-17-14 - Burial Societies, Cemeteries, etc., Empowered to Accept Conveyances, Devises, etc., and to Act as Trustees.
- Section 11-17-15 - Trusts Created by Conveyances, Devises, etc., May Be Perpetual; Terms and Conditions of Same.
- Section 11-17-16 - Validation, etc., of Prior Conveyances, Bequests, Etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.