2020 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 11 - Issuing of Warrants in Anticipation of Gasoline Taxes.
Section 11-11-1 - Definitions.
Where used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following words and phrases shall have the following respective meanings:
(1) COUNTY. Each county subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) COUNTY'S SHARE OF THE HIGHWAY GASOLINE TAX. With respect to each county, that portion of the highway gasoline tax required by law to be distributed to that county.
(3) FISCAL YEAR. The 12-month period commencing on October 1 of one year and ending on September 30 of the next ensuing year.
(4) HIGHWAY GASOLINE TAX.
a. The excise tax levied under Section 40-17-31, exclusive of those portions of the said tax in respect of aviation fuel and marine gasoline, as those terms are used in the said Section 40-17-31, and
b. The excise tax levied by Sections 40-17-140 through 40-17-155, exclusive of that portion of the said tax in respect of diesel fuel.
(5) OUTSTANDING WARRANTS. With respect to each county and as of any particular time:
a. Warrants then unpaid which were theretofore issued by that county under the provisions of this chapter or
b. Warrants then unpaid which were theretofore issued by that county under the provisions of any other law of the state in effect at the time of the issuance thereof and which are payable solely out of all or any part of the county's share of the highway gasoline tax.
(6) REFUNDING WARRANTS. Warrants that may be issued under the provisions of Section 11-11-6.
(7) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(Acts 1967, No. 220, p. 585, §2.)