There is a newer version of this Article
2019 Code of Alabama
Title 6 - Civil Practice.
Chapter 5 - Actions.
Article 11 - Defamation, Libel and Slander.
- Section 6-5-180 - Import of accusations of false swearing or commission of crime.
- Section 6-5-181 - Words falsely imputing woman's chastity actionable.
- Section 6-5-182 - Libel or slander - Burden of proof.
- Section 6-5-183 - Libel or slander - Mitigation of damages - Evidence of truth or circumstances.
- Section 6-5-184 - Libel or slander - Mitigation of damages - Retraction.
- Section 6-5-185 - Libel or slander - Mitigation of damages - When only actual damages recoverable.
- Section 6-5-186 - Prerequisites to recovery of vindictive or punitive damages in action for libel.
- Section 6-5-187 - Truth of charges against public persons may be proved.
- Section 6-5-188 - Effect of retraction and tender of money.
- Section 6-5-189 - Effect of tender of money.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.