2019 Code of Alabama
Title 6 - Civil Practice.
Chapter 11 - Damages.
Article 2 - Punitive Damages.
- Section 6-11-20 - Punitive damages not to be awarded other than where clear and convincing evidence proven; definitions.
- Section 6-11-21 - Punitive damages not to exceed certain limits.
- Section 6-11-22 - Grounds for mistrial if limitations mentioned in presence of jury
- Section 6-11-23 - No presumption of correctness; court to conduct hearings; admissible relevant evidence; trial court to independently reassess award of punitive damages.
- Section 6-11-24 - No presumption of correctness to apply to damages on appeal.
- Section 6-11-25 - Ability of court to set aside damages not limited.
- Section 6-11-26 - No punitive damages awarded against state or agency thereof.
- Section 6-11-27 - Principal, master, etc., not liable for punitive damages for conduct of agent, servant, etc.; exceptions.
- Section 6-11-28 - No cause of action created.
- Section 6-11-29 - Wrongful death actions not affected.
- Section 6-11-30 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.