2019 Code of Alabama
Title 5 - Banks and Financial Institutions.
Chapter 2A - State Banking Department.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 5-2A-1 - Creation of department; duties generally.
- Section 5-2A-2 - Offices, venue.
- Section 5-2A-3 - Superintendent - Qualifications, appointment and term of office; filling of vacancies.
- Section 5-2A-4 - Superintendent - Oath and bond.
- Section 5-2A-5 - Superintendent - Seal of office; recordation of executed papers.
- Section 5-2A-6 - Superintendent - Removal; removal of member of Banking Board.
- Section 5-2A-7 - Superintendent - Expansion of banking powers; rules and regulations.
- Section 5-2A-8 - Superintendent - Promulgation and interpretation of regulations.
- Section 5-2A-9 - Superintendent - Procedure for promulgation of regulations; emergency regulations; judicial review.
- Section 5-2A-10 - Superintendent - Make good any impairment of capital.
- Section 5-2A-11 - Superintendent - Losses; bank to correct impairment of capital.
- Section 5-2A-12 - Superintendent - Order to correct unsafe and unsound matters; penalties; procedure.
- Section 5-2A-13 - Superintendent - Annual report to Governor; publication and distribution, etc.
- Section 5-2A-14 - Superintendent - Reports of criminal violations to grand juries.
- Section 5-2A-15 - Appointment, etc., of assistants and employees generally; bond of deputy superintendent.
- Section 5-2A-16 - Limitation of liability of superintendent, members of Banking Board, or employees.
- Section 5-2A-17 - Bank examiners - Oath; duties generally.
- Section 5-2A-18 - Bank examiners - Commission.
- Section 5-2A-19 - Bond of examiners and office assistants.
- Section 5-2A-20 - Assessment of banks - When payable; amount; disposition of revenue.
- Section 5-2A-21 - Assessment of banks - Fees for failure to pay assessment; proceedings for collection of assessment.
- Section 5-2A-22 - Independent audits; minimum standards; advisory committee; report in lieu of audit.
- Section 5-2A-23 - Legal counsel.
- Section 5-2A-24 - Examination of small loan companies; fees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.