2019 Code of Alabama
Title 43 - Wills and Decedents' Estates.
Chapter 8 - Probate Code.
Article 3 - Intestate Succession.
- Section 43-8-40 - Intestate estate generally.
- Section 43-8-41 - Share of the spouse.
- Section 43-8-42 - Share of heirs other than surviving spouse.
- Section 43-8-43 - Requirement that heir survive decedent for five days.
- Section 43-8-44 - When estate passes to state.
- Section 43-8-45 - Division of estate where representation is involved.
- Section 43-8-46 - Inheritance by relatives of half blood.
- Section 43-8-47 - Inheritance by afterborn heirs.
- Section 43-8-48 - Parent and child relationship.
- Section 43-8-49 - Advancements.
- Section 43-8-50 - Controversy as to advancements - How issue made up and tried.
- Section 43-8-52 - Controversy as to advancements - Proceedings and answer upon death of distributee.
- Section 43-8-51 - Controversy as to advancements - Discovery of advancements.
- Section 43-8-53 - Controversy as to advancements - Contest of answer.
- Section 43-8-54 - Controversy as to advancements - Consequence of failure to answer.
- Section 43-8-55 - Against whom debts owed to decedent charged.
- Section 43-8-56 - Alien status not a disqualification to inheriting.
- Section 43-8-57 - Dower and curtesy abolished.
- Section 43-8-58 - Share of persons related to decedent through two lines.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.