2019 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - Public Officers and Employees.
Chapter 20 - Notaries Public.
Article 1 - Generally.
- Section 36-20-1 - Appointment and commissioning; term of office; fee of probate judge for issuance of notary commissions; report to Secretary of State by probate judge as to notaries appointed and commissioned.
- Section 36-20-2 - Vacation of office by removal from county.
- Section 36-20-3 - Bond.
- Section 36-20-4 - Seal.
- Section 36-20-5 - Powers.
- Section 36-20-6 - Fees.
- Section 36-20-7 - Notary public to maintain register of official acts; provision of certified copies from register generally.
- Section 36-20-8 - Register to be delivered to probate judge upon death, resignation, etc., of notary; liability of person failing to deliver notary's register to probate judge on demand generally.
- Section 36-20-9 - Penalty for failure to deliver notary's register to probate judge on demand.
- Section 36-20-10 - Probate judge may deliver register to another notary; provision of certified copies from register.
- Section 36-20-11 - Performance or assumption of authority to perform notarial act without commission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.