2019 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - Public Officers and Employees.
Chapter 15 - Attorney General.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 36-15-1 - Duties generally.
- Section 36-15-1.1 - Retention of powers.
- Section 36-15-3 - Salary.
- Section 36-15-4.1 - Grants, other sources of funds.
- Section 36-15-4.2 - Attorney General's Litigation Support Fund.
- Section 36-15-5.1 - Deputy attorneys general.
- Section 36-15-5.2 - Chief Deputy Attorney General.
- Section 36-15-6 - Appointment or employment of assistant attorneys general, investigators, and other employees.
- Section 36-15-9 - Private practice by assistant or full-time deputy attorneys general prohibited.
- Section 36-15-10 - Executive assistants to Attorney General.
- Section 36-15-10.1 - Special administrative assistants.
- Section 36-15-11.1 - Paralegal employees for Attorney General.
- Section 36-15-12 - Institution and prosecution of legal proceedings in name of state.
- Section 36-15-13 - Attorney General may appear before grand juries.
- Section 36-15-14 - Attorney General may direct prosecution in criminal cases.
- Section 36-15-15 - Attorney General may advise or direct district attorney.
- Section 36-15-16 - Payment of necessary expenses.
- Section 36-15-17 - Assistants to act in absence of Attorney General and chief deputy.
- Section 36-15-19 - Written opinion of Attorney General protects officer, governing body, etc.
- Section 36-15-21 - Litigation affecting state under direction and control of Attorney General; employment of certain assistant attorneys general.
- Section 36-15-21.1 - Notification of actions against state entities; maintenance of information.
- Section 36-15-22 - Attorney General to designate certain Merit System positions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.