2019 Code of Alabama
Title 33 - Navigation and Watercourses.
Chapter 5 - Registration and Operation of Vessels.
Article 2 - Boating Safety Reform.
- Section 33-5-50 - Short title.
- Section 33-5-51 - Operation of personal watercraft.
- Section 33-5-52 - Boater safety certification generally.
- Section 33-5-53 - Boater safety certification; application fee; examinations; exemptions.
- Section 33-5-54 - Issuance of boater safety certification.
- Section 33-5-55 - Reports; disposition of funds.
- Section 33-5-56 - Certification to bear distinguishing number, color photograph, signature, and other identification information; notification on motor vehicle driver or learner license.
- Section 33-5-57 - Persons to whom boater safety certification shall not be issued.
- Section 33-5-58 - Persons with physical disabilities or impairments; hearings.
- Section 33-5-59 - Display of certification required.
- Section 33-5-60 - Reciprocal agreements with other states.
- Section 33-5-61 - Restrictions for persons impaired from physical disabilities; special restricted certification; penalty for violation of restrictions.
- Section 33-5-62 - Rules and regulations; point system for suspension or revocation of certifications.
- Section 33-5-63 - Filing and indexing applications; filing accident reports and records of convictions.
- Section 33-5-64 - Duplicates for lost or destroyed certifications; fees.
- Section 33-5-65 - Reinstatement of certification following cancellation, suspension, or revocation.
- Section 33-5-66 - Violations; penalties.
- Section 33-5-67 - Operation while certification is cancelled, suspended, or revoked prohibited; penalties.
- Section 33-5-68 - Application fee; retention by Department of Public Safety.
- Section 33-5-69 - Flotation device; exceptions.
- Section 33-5-70 - Reckless operation of vehicle; careless operation; violation of rules and regulations of Marine Police; penalties.
- Section 33-5-71 - Obstruction of operator's view prohibited; penalties.
- Section 33-5-72 - Emergency engine or motor shut-off switch.
- Section 33-5-73 - Operation of vessel in excess of speed zone prohibited.
- Section 33-5-74 - Markers, signs, and buoys; mooring or fastening vessel prohibited; damaging, altering, or moving prohibited; penalties.
- Section 33-5-75 - Authority of Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources to cancel certification or to suspend or revoke privilege of operating vessel; procedures.
- Section 33-5-76 - Authority to arrest at scene of boating accident.
- Section 33-5-77 - Violation of federal laws or rules regulating engine horsepower; penalties; effective date.
- Section 33-5-78 - "Vessel" defined.
- Section 33-5-79 - Rules and regulations.
- Section 33-5-80 - Exemption for law enforcement officers while performing their duties.
- Section 33-5-81 - Boating safety as part of driver education curricula.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.