2019 Code of Alabama
Title 33 - Navigation and Watercourses.
Chapter 15 - Bear Creek Development Authority.
Section 33-15-7 - Rates, fees and charges; user permits.
(a) Rates, fees and charges for services rendered by the authority from any of its facilities shall be fixed and from time to time revised by the authority; provided, that such rates, fees and charges shall be so fixed as at all times to provide funds at least sufficient:
(1) To pay the cost of operating, maintaining, repairing, replacing, extending and improving the facilities and other property from which such services are rendered;
(2) To pay the principal of and the interest on all bonds issued and obligations assumed by the authority that are payable out of the revenues derived from the operation of those facilities as the said principal and interest become due and payable;
(3) To create and maintain such reserves for the foregoing purposes or any of them as may be provided in any mortgage and deed of trust or trust indenture executed by the authority hereunder or in any resolutions of the board of directors authorizing the issuance of bonds, the assumption of any obligation or the acquisition of any such facilities and other property; and
(4) To make such annual payments, if any, to the United States of America or any agency or instrumentality thereof, the several states, municipalities, counties, departments, authorities, agencies and political subdivisions of the several states and any public corporations organized under the laws of the several states as the authority may have contracted to make.
(b) Any schedule or schedules of rates and other charges adopted by the board:
(1) May provide for the rendition by the authority to customers served by it of combined statements or bills for service furnished from one or more of its facilities;
(2) May permit the authority to decline to accept payment of charges for service from any of its said facilities, without payment of charges for service at the same premises from any one or more of its other facilities;
(3) May provide for discontinuance of service from any or all of its facilities at any premises with respect to which there is a delinquency in the payment of charges for service from any part of the facilities of the authority;
(4) May provide for the payment of connection fees, disconnection fees and reconnection fees; and
(5) May require, as a prerequisite to the rendition of any service, the making of a deposit as security for payment of bills, on which deposit the authority shall not be obligated to pay or allow interest.
(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to use any facility operated and maintained by Bear Creek Development Authority without first obtaining a user permit. Said permits are to be issued by and may be obtained from Bear Creek Development Authority or any of its authorized vendors during normal business hours. Any person found guilty of violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $100.00.(Acts 1965, No. 584, p. 1080, §7; Acts 1978, No. 537, p. 593.)