2019 Code of Alabama
Title 22 - Health, Mental Health, and Environmental Control.
Title 1 - Health and Environmental Control Generally.
Chapter 8A - TERMINATION OF LIFE-SUPPORT PROCEDURES.
- Section 22-8A-1 - Short title.
- Section 22-8A-2 - Legislative intent.
- Section 22-8A-3 - Definitions.
- Section 22-8A-4 - Advance Directive for Health Care; living will and health care proxy.
- Section 22-8A-4.1 - Validity of DNAR orders; adoption of rules.
- Section 22-8A-5 - Revocation of advance directive for health care.
- Section 22-8A-6 - Proxy to comply with instructions, intent of patient.
- Section 22-8A-7 - Competency of declarant; liability of participating physician, facility, etc.
- Section 22-8A-8 - Refusal of health care provider to comply; penalties.
- Section 22-8A-9 - Withholding or withdrawal of treatment, etc., not suicide; execution of advance directive not to affect sale, etc., of life or health insurance nor be condition for receipt of treatment, etc.; provisions of chapter cumulative.
- Section 22-8A-10 - Provisions of chapter not an approval of mercy killing, etc.
- Section 22-8A-11 - Surrogate; requirements; attending physician consulted, intent of patient followed; persons who may serve as surrogate; priority; validity of decisions; liability; form; declaratory and injunctive relief; penalties.
- Section 22-8A-12 - Validity of advance health care directive executed in another state.
- Section 22-8A-13 - Effect of prior declarations.
- Section 22-8A-14 - Filing and recording of living will; fee; inspection; duty of declarant to provide copy to health care providers.
- Section 22-8A-15 - Order for pediatric palliative and end of life care for qualified minor; rulemaking authority.
- Section 22-8A-16 - Temporary task force for establishment of Order for PPEL Care form.
- Section 22-8A-17 - Application of Order for PPEL Care form; liability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.