2019 Code of Alabama
Title 17 - Elections.
Chapter 6 - Election Preparation.
Article 2 - Ballots.
- Section 17-6-20 - Elections must be by official ballot.
- Section 17-6-21 - Contents; amendments; withdrawal of name.
- Section 17-6-22 - Political parties not included on ballot unless requirements met.
- Section 17-6-23 - Uniform ballots at each polling place; electors for President and Vice President.
- Section 17-6-24 - Printing and design.
- Section 17-6-25 - Order of listing of candidates on ballots.
- Section 17-6-26 - Order of arrangement; content requirements; secrecy envelopes or folders.
- Section 17-6-27 - Write-in votes; listing of independent candidates; form of ballots.
- Section 17-6-28 - Requirements for write-in votes.
- Section 17-6-29 - Party emblem - Submission; approval.
- Section 17-6-30 - Party emblem - Certification to judge of probate.
- Section 17-6-31 - Party emblem - Prohibited designs.
- Section 17-6-32 - Party emblem - Use when party is divided.
- Section 17-6-33 - Designation of different offices of same classification.
- Section 17-6-34 - Secret ballot.
- Section 17-6-35 - Procedure to vote straight party ticket.
- Section 17-6-36 - Procedure to vote for one candidate not on party ticket.
- Section 17-6-37 - Procedure to vote for two or more candidates on different party tickets.
- Section 17-6-38 - Procedure to vote split ticket.
- Section 17-6-39 - Procedure when straight party ticket does not contain names of all candidates.
- Section 17-6-40 - Procedure to vote for person whose name not on ballot.
- Section 17-6-41 - Ballot for constitutional amendment.
- Section 17-6-42 - Ballots to be paid for by counties and cities.
- Section 17-6-43 - Packaging of ballots; detachable stubs.
- Section 17-6-44 - Number of ballots per elector.
- Section 17-6-45 - Performance of duties under chapter for municipal elections.
- Section 17-6-46 - Instructional posters.
- Section 17-6-47 - Blank forms and stationery for election.
- Section 17-6-48 - Designating certain officers by number.
- Section 17-6-49 - Office sought to be designated by number.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.