There is a newer version of this Section
2019 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - Education.
Chapter 28 - School Attendance.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
Section 16-28-22 - Prosecutions.
Universal Citation: AL Code § 16-28-22 (2019)
No prosecution or proceeding under this article shall be begun except by one of the following parties:
(1) The county superintendent of education or city superintendent of schools where the matter affects a school or private tutor in territory under his supervision; or
(2) An attendance officer; or
(3) The principal teacher of the school which the child attends or should attend; or
(4) The private tutor by whom the child is instructed or should be instructed; or
(5) The probation officer of the county; or
(6) A duly authorized agent of the State Superintendent of Education or the Department of Human Resources.(School Code 1927, §324; Code 1940, T. 52, §320.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.