2019 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - Education.
Chapter 26D - Alabama School of Cyber Technology an Dengineering
Section 16-26D-4 - Board of trustees - Composition; terms.
(a) There is created a board of trustees for the school. The board of trustees shall be composed of the following members:
(1) An assistant state superintendent in charge of curriculum development with the department, or his or her designee.
(2) The President of Auburn University, or his or her designee.
(3) The President of the University of Alabama in Huntsville, or his or her designee.
(4) The President of Alabama A&M University, or his or her designee.
(5) The President of Tuskegee University, or his or her designee.
(6) The President of the University of South Alabama, or his or her designee.
(7) The President of the University of Alabama, or his or her designee.
(8) The Chair of the Alabama School of Cyber Technology and Engineering Foundation.
(9) The Chair of the House Ways and Means Education Committee, or his or her designee.
(10) The Chair of the Senate Finance and Taxation Education Committee, or his or her designee.
(11) The Chancellor of the Alabama Community College System, or his or her designee.
(12) Eight members to be appointed by the Governor, one member from each congressional district and one member appointed at large, who shall be a resident of Madison County. Five of the eight members appointed by the Governor shall have a background in business. The other three members appointed by the Governor may include appointees with backgrounds in academia, government, or other career fields that provide a strong basis for service. The Governor shall make his or her appointments so that diversity of gender, race, and geographical areas is reflective of the makeup of this state.
(b) The terms of the eight members appointed by the Governor shall be for six years, except for original appointees who shall serve staggered terms with three appointees serving two years, three appointees serving four years, and two appointees serving six years. The terms of the initial members who are elected officials, or their respective designees, shall commence with their appointment, run concurrently with their terms of office, and shall end when their successors take office. The terms of members who are not serving by virtue of an elected office shall commence with their appointment and shall end when their successor is appointed. All members may succeed themselves. No member shall be appointed for more than three consecutive full terms.(Act 2018-480, §4.)