2019 Code of Alabama
Title 15 - Criminal Procedure.
Chapter 23 - Alabama Crime Victims.
Article 4 - Testing of Person Charged with Certain Sex Crimes on Request of Alleged Victim.
Section 15-23-100 - Definitions.
As used in this article, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) ALLEGED VICTIM. A person or persons to whom transmission of body fluids from the perpetrator of the crime occurred or was likely to have occurred in the course of the alleged crime.
(2) PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF THE ALLEGED VICTIM. A parent or legal guardian of an alleged victim who is a minor or incapacitated person.
(3) POSITIVE REACTION. A positive test with a positive confirmatory test result as specified by the Department of Public Health.
(4) SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE. Those diseases designated by the State Board of Health as sexually transmitted diseases for the purposes of this article.
(5) TRANSMISSION OF BODY FLUIDS. The transfer of blood, semen, vaginal secretions, or other body fluids identified by the Department of Public Health, from the alleged perpetrator of a crime to the mucous membranes or potentially broken skin of the victim.(Act 2006-572, p. 1504, §1.)