2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 16 - Juries.
Article 3 - Drawing, Summoning, Empaneling, etc., of Grand and Petit JuriesGenerally.
- Section 12-16-70 - Names of prospective jurors provided from master jury list; preparation of list; summons.
- Section 12-16-72 - When juries for next session of court drawn by presiding judge.
- Section 12-16-73 - Execution and return of order to summon jurors by sheriff.
- Section 12-16-74 - Hearing of excuses, claims of exemptions, etc.; drawing, swearing and empaneling of grand and petit jurors.
- Section 12-16-75 - Duration of service; summons for subsequent service.
- Section 12-16-76 - Insufficient number of qualified jurors to form juries.
- Section 12-16-78 - Drawing of names from jury box for juries in probate court; summoning and drawing of jurors; certification to jury commission of names of persons disqualified, exempt and empaneled.
- Section 12-16-80 - Objections which may be taken to venire of jurors.
- Section 12-16-81 - Failure of sheriff to summon juror drawn, failure of juror summoned to attend trial, etc., not grounds for quashing venire or continuing case.
- Section 12-16-82 - Effect of failure of person summoned as juror to obey summons.
- Section 12-16-83 - Unlawfully placing in or withdrawing names from jury box, destruction, etc., of jury box, etc.
- Section 12-16-85 - Attempting to influence jury commissioner or other officer selecting, drawing, summoning, etc., jurors or juries.
- Section 12-16-86 - Performance of act with intent to affect fair drawing of jury by probate judge, jury commissioner, county commissioner, etc.
- Section 12-16-87 - Summoning of persons for jury by sheriff, etc., with intent to produce result favorable to party in action before court.
- Section 12-16-88 - Connivance by sheriff at commission by constable, deputy, etc., of offense prohibited by Section 12-16-87.
- Section 12-16-89 - Negligent failure of sheriff or deputy to summon juror.
- Section 12-16-90 - Provisions of article as to selection, drawing, summoning, etc., of jurors directory; powers, etc., of jurors selected, drawn, summoned, etc., under article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.