2019 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 3 - Provisions Applicable to Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Section 11-89B-5 - Use of moneys derived from sale of bonds.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 11-89B-5 (2019)
Section 11-89B-5Use of moneys derived from sale of bonds.

All moneys derived from the sale of any such bonds issued by such public corporation shall be used solely for the purpose or purposes for which the same are authorized, including the funding of all or part of any reserve funds which may be required for debt service, replacement and extension or capital improvements, and any costs and expenses incidental thereto. Such costs and expenses may include but shall not be limited to:

(1) The fiscal, engineering, legal and other expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of and security for the bonds, including, without limitation, the charges, premiums or fees in connection with any debt service insurance or letter of credit or other additional security given with respect to its bonds, whether such amounts are to be paid in a lump sum or over a period of time;

(2) Interest on bonds in the case of bonds issued to pay costs of construction or, if a part only of any series of bonds is issued for construction purposes, interest on that portion of the bonds of that series that is issued to pay construction costs prior to and during such construction and for not exceeding one year after completion of such construction; and

(3) Any premium that it may be necessary to pay in order to redeem or retire the bonds or other obligations to be refunded in the case of the bonds issued for the purpose of refunding principal and interest, or either, with respect to bonds issued or obligations assumed by such public corporation.

(Acts 1991, No. 91-551, p. 1015, §5.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.