2019 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 8A - COUNTY BOND FINANCING REVIEW.
Section 11-8A-1 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) BOND FINANCING AGREEMENT. An agreement or other document relating to the sale or issuance of bonds including, but not limited to, a bond purchase agreement, a loan agreement, a refinancing agreement, or documents providing for bonds sold or issued on a competitive sale basis.
(2) BONDS. Bonds, bond anticipation notes, warrants, warrant anticipation notes, or indebtedness issued or entered into on behalf of the county or by the county commission for a term of at least three years or more.
(3) BUSINESS DAY. A day, other than a Saturday or a Sunday, on which commercial banking institutions are open for business in the State of Alabama and a day on which the payment system of the Federal Reserve System is operational.
(4) CAPITAL EXPENDITURE. Any cost or expense of a type that is properly chargeable to a capital account under general federal income tax principles.
(5) GENERAL OBLIGATION INDEBTEDNESS. A bond financing agreement which, according to its terms, will be repaid from any funds at the disposal of the county commission.
(6) GENERAL OPERATING EXPENSES. Any expense incurred by a county in the general operation and function of the county. The term includes salaries and other associated expenses, but does not include a capital expenditure or expense.
(7) LIMITED OBLIGATION INDEBTEDNESS. Bonds which, according to their terms, are required to be paid solely from the proceeds of a specific tax, fee, license, charge, or other specific revenue stream.
(8) NET PRESENT VALUE SAVINGS. The projected cost savings to the county from refinancing any bonds, by comparing the net present value of the costs of the bonds proposed for refunding, including the original costs of issuance and the payment of principal and interest on the bonds proposed for refunding, with the net present value of the costs of the proposed bonds, including the costs of issuance and refinancing and the payment of principal and interest on the proposed bonds.
(9) SWAP AGREEMENT. A swap agreement as defined in Article 3, commencing with Section 41-1-40, of Chapter 1 of Title 41.(Act 2009-757, p. 2287, §1.)