2019 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entities Code.
Chapter 5 - Limited Liability Companies.
Article 2 - Formation.
Section 10A-5-2.03 - Amendment of certificate of formation. REPEALED IN THE 2014 REGULAR SESSION BY ACT 2014-144 EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2017.
(a) The certificate of formation may be amended by delivering the amendment to the judge of probate in whose office the certificate of formation is filed. The amendment shall set forth:
(1) The name of the limited liability company.
(2) The date of filing of the certificate of formation.
(3) The amendment(s).
(b) Within 30 days after the happening of any of the following events, an amendment to the certificate of formation shall be filed to reflect the occurrence of such event or events:
(1) There is a change in the name of the limited liability company.
(2) There is a false or erroneous statement in the certificate of formation.
(3) There is a change in the period of duration of the limited liability company stated in the certificate of formation.
(4) The members desire to make a change in any other statement in the certificate of formation to accurately represent the agreement between them.
(c) The form for evidencing an amendment to the certificate of formation of a limited liability company shall contain terms and provisions consistent with this chapter. The amendment shall be approved, unless the certificate of formation requires a greater vote, by a majority vote of the members entitled to vote.(Acts 1993, No. 93-724, p. 1425, §11; §10-12-11; amended and renumbered by Act 2009-513, p. 967, §218.)