2019 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entities Code.
Chapter 17 - Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations.
Section 10A-17-1.16 - Other acts not repealed.
The following sections and parts of sections of the Code of Alabama 1975, as amended, are not repealed by this chapter:
(1) Sections 2-10-1 through 2-10-108, regarding cooperatives and associations.
(2) Section 6-3-4, regarding venue of actions against unincorporated groups issuing insurance policies.
(3) Section 6-3-6, regarding venue of actions against unincorporated organizations or associations.
(4) Section 6-5-336, regarding immunity of volunteers of nonprofit organizations if actions are in good faith and in the scope of official functions and duties, and do not represent willful or wanton misconduct.
(5) Section 6-6-220, defining "Person" as including any person, partnership, joint stock company, unincorporated association, or society, or municipal or other corporation.
(6) Section 6-7-80, regarding right to commence actions in name of unincorporated organization or association.
(7) Section 6-7-81, regarding commencement of actions against unincorporated organization or association; satisfaction of judgment against unincorporated organization or association.
(8) Sections 10A-20-1.01 through 10A-20-1.09, regarding Bishops of Diocese, incorporation.
(9) Sections 10A-20-2.01 through 10A-20-2.09, regarding churches, public societies, and graveyard owners, incorporation.
(10) Sections 10A-20-3.01 through 10A-20-3.04, regarding Conference of Ministers, incorporation.
(11) Sections 10A-20-4.01 through 10A-20-4.04, regarding state conventions or associations of churches, incorporation.
(12) Sections 10A-20-5.01 through 10A-20-5.03, regarding educational institutions, incorporation.
(13) Sections 10A-20-6.01 through 10A-20-6.16, regarding health care service plans.
(14) Sections 10A-20-7.01 through 10A-20-7.23, regarding industrial development corporations.
(15) Sections 10A-20-8.01 through 10A-20-8.10, regarding local fraternal orders.
(16) Sections 10A-20-9.01 through 10A-20-9.05, regarding single tax and other mutual economic associations.
(17) Section 10A-20-10.01, regarding private foundations.
(18) Section 10A-20-13.01, regarding retail merchants' associations, incorporation.
(19) Section 10A-20-14.01, regarding wholesale merchants' associations, incorporation.
(20) Sections 10A-20-15.01 through 10A-20-15.04, regarding water power companies.
(21) Sections 10A-20-16.01 through 10A-20-16.05, regarding officers of nonprofit corporations, associations, or organizations liable only for willful or wanton misconduct or fraud, or gross negligence.(Acts 1995, No. 95-527, p. 1064, §16; §10-3B-16; amended and renumbered by Act 2009-513, p. 967, §320.)