2019 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entities Code.
Chapter 11 - Employee Cooperative Corporations.
Section 10A-11-1.02 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) COLLECTIVE RESERVE ACCOUNT. An internal capital account that represents the portion of the net book value of the corporation attributable to the cooperative.
(2) EMPLOYEE COOPERATIVE. A corporation which has elected to be governed by this chapter.
(3) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNT COOPERATIVE. An employee cooperative governed in accordance with Section 10A-11-1.11.
(4) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNTS. A system of accounts on the books of an employee cooperative that reflects the book value of the corporation.
(5) MEMBER. A natural person who has been accepted for membership in and owns a membership share issued by an employee cooperative.
(6) MEMBERSHIP FEE. The consideration paid for a membership share.
(7) MEMBERSHIP SHARE. A single share of voting stock issued to each member of a worker cooperative as evidence of membership.
(8) PATRONAGE. The amount of work performed as a member of an employee cooperative, measured in accordance with the governing documents.
(9) WRITTEN NOTICE OF ALLOCATION. A written statement which discloses to a member the stated dollar amount of the member's patronage allocation and the terms for payment of that amount by the employee cooperative.(Act 97-949, p. 524, §2; §10-14-2; amended and renumbered by Act 2009-513, p. 967, §312.)