There is a newer version of this Chapter
2018 Code of Alabama
Title 8 - COMMERCIAL LAW AND CONSUMER PROTECTION.
Chapter 20 - DEALINGS BY MOTOR VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS, WHOLESALERS, ETC., WITH MOTOR VEHICLE DEALERS.
- Section 8-20-1 - Short title.
- Section 8-20-2 - Declaration of purpose.
- Section 8-20-3 - Definitions.
- Section 8-20-4 - Unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Section 8-20-4.1 - Obligation to act in good faith and deal fairly.
- Section 8-20-5 - Limitations on cancellations, modifications, terminations, and nonrenewals of franchise relationships.
- Section 8-20-6 - Predelivery obligations.
- Section 8-20-7 - Warranty obligations to dealers.
- Section 8-20-7.1 - Compensation of dealers for recall repairs.
- Section 8-20-8 - Warranty obligations of manufacturers and dealers to consumers.
- Section 8-20-9 - Transportation damages.
- Section 8-20-10 - Dealer's right of free association with other dealers.
- Section 8-20-11 - Remedies.
- Section 8-20-12 - Time limitation on bringing of civil actions; time of accrual of cause of action.
- Section 8-20-13 - Procedure, protection, and remedies available to motor vehicle distributors.
- Section 8-20-14 - Applicability of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.