2018 Code of Alabama
Title 5 - BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
Chapter 19A - ALABAMA PAWNSHOP ACT.
Section 5-19A-8 - Certain acts by pawnbrokers prohibited.
A pawnbroker, any clerk, agent, or employee of a pawnbroker shall not do any of the following:
(1) Fail to make an entry of any material matter in the record book.
(2) Make any false entry therein.
(3) Falsify, obliterate, destroy, or remove from the place of business records, books, or accounts relating to the licensee's pawn transactions.
(4) Refuse to allow the supervisor, the appropriate law enforcement agency, the Attorney General, or any other duly authorized state or federal law enforcement officer to inspect the pawn records or any pawn goods during the ordinary hours of business or other acceptable time to both parties.
(5) Fail to maintain a record of each pawn transaction for at least four years.
(6) Accept a pledge or purchase property from a person under the age of 19 years.
(7) Make any agreement requiring the personal liability of a pledgor or seller or waiving any of the provisions of this section or providing for a maturity date less than 30 days after the date of the pawn transaction.
(8) Fail to return or replace pledged goods to a pledgor or seller upon payment of the full amount due the pawnbroker unless the pledged goods have been taken into custody by a court or by a law enforcement officer or agency.
(9) Sell, lease, or agree to sell or lease pledged or purchased goods back to the pledgor or back to the seller and the same or related transaction.
(10) Sell or otherwise charge for insurance in connection with a pawn transaction.(Acts 1992, No. 92-597, p. 1227, §8.)