2018 Code of Alabama
Title 5 - BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
Chapter 12A - ADMINISTRATION, ETC., OF COMMON TRUST FUNDS.
Section 5-12A-1 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) TRUST INSTITUTION. Any state bank, any national bank or any trust company authorized to act in a fiduciary capacity in this state and under the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency of the United States or the Federal Reserve System, or the Superintendent of Banks of the State of Alabama.
(2) AFFILIATED TRUST INSTITUTION. A trust institution which, together with one or more other trust institutions, are each owned or controlled by a bank holding company which is under the supervision of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
(3) OWNED OR CONTROLLED. The ownership by a bank holding company of stock possessions of at least 80 percent of the voting power of all classes of stock and at least 80 percent of each class of the nonvoting stock (other than nonvoting stock which is limited and preferred as to dividends) of the trust institution.
(4) FIDUCIARY. Any trust institution or person acting in the capacity of executor, administrator, administrator with the will annexed, administrator de bonis non, guardian, testamentary trustee, trustee appointed by any court and trustee, agent or custodian under any written agreement, declaration or instrument of trust, either solely or together with others.
(5) COMMON TRUST FUND. A fund established, maintained and administered pursuant to the requirements of this chapter by a trust institution exclusively for the collective investment and reinvestment of moneys contributed thereto by such trust institution in its capacity as a fiduciary or cofiduciary or by an affiliated trust institution in its capacity as a fiduciary or cofiduciary.
(6) ESTATE OR ESTATES. Such term shall include any trust, estate or fund administered by a trust institution in a fiduciary capacity.
(7) PARTICIPATION. The interest of a participating trust in the common trust fund.
(8) PARTICIPANT. Any trust, estate or fund administered by a trust institution in a fiduciary capacity having a "participation."
(9) SECURITY OR SECURITIES. Such term shall include all types of property in which the trust institution is authorized to invest the assets of the common trust fund.(Acts 1980, No. 80-658, §5-12-1.)