2018 Code of Alabama
Title 45 - LOCAL LAWS.
Chapter 22 - CULLMAN COUNTY.
Article 13 - Engineer, County.
Section 45-22-130.08 - County engineer - Duties.
It shall be the duty of the county engineer, subject to the approval and direction of the county commission to:
(1) Employ, supervise, and direct such assistants as are necessary to construct and maintain properly the county public roads, highways, and bridges.
(2) Perform such engineering and surveying services as may be required to prepare and maintain the necessary maps, plans, and records.
(3) Maintain the necessary accounting records to reflect the cost of constructing and maintaining the county highway system.
(4) Perform such other duties as are necessary and incident to the operation of the county highway system as directed by the county commission.
(5) It shall be his or her further duty, insofar as it is feasible, to construct and maintain all county roads on the basis of the county as a unit, without regard to any district, quadrant, or beat lines.(Act 79-487, p. 896, §10.)