2018 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - STATE GOVERNMENT.
Chapter 6 - DEPARTMENT OF ARCHIVES AND HISTORY.
Article 5 - Alabama Historical Records Advisory Board.
Section 41-6-102 - Powers and duties.
The board shall perform the following duties:
(1) Develop state priorities for historical records as part of a state board plan under program guidelines from the NHPRC.
(2) Promote an understanding of the role and value of historical records in Alabama.
(3) Solicit and develop proposals for NHPRC or other grant projects.
(4) Foster and support cooperative networks and programs dealing with historical records.
(5) Review and monitor the operation and progress of projects in the state financed by NHPRC grants.
(6) Advise the state archives and other statewide archival, records, or information agencies.
(7) Advise the NHPRC on archival issues of interest to the archival community in Alabama.
(8) Provide programs for Alabama repositories to assist them in efforts to preserve and promote appreciation for Alabama's historical records.(Act 2006-106, p. 150, §3.)