2018 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - STATE GOVERNMENT.
Chapter 23 - DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS.
Article 8 - Alabama Trails Commission.
Section 41-23-141 - Advisory board of directors.
(a) There shall also be created an Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board which shall advise the commission in the execution of the Alabama Trails Commission's powers and duties under this article. The advisory board of directors shall be composed of the following:
(1) Two Senators appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
(2) Two members of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House.
(3) Three members of the Alabama Recreational Trails Advisory Board.
(4) One member representing a university in this state appointed by the Governor.
(5) One member appointed by the State Forestry Commission.
(6) One member appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(7) One member appointed by the State Health Officer.
(8) One member appointed by the Executive Director of the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
(9) One member appointed by the U.S. Forest Service.
(10) One member shall be a representative of the Alabama Power Company.
(11) One member shall be a representative of the Tennessee Valley Authority.
(12) One member shall be a representative of Power South.
(13) One member appointed by the Alabama Farmers Federation.
(14) One member appointed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
(15) One member appointed by the Natural Resources Conservation Services.
(16) One member appointed by the Commissioner of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(17) One member who shall be a representative of a land trust headquartered in this state to be appointed by the Governor. This position shall rotate between land trusts every four years.
(18) One member appointed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
(19) Two members from under-represented user groups appointed by the Trails Commission.
(20) One member from an under-represented federal agency appointed by the Trails Commission.
(21) One member appointed by the Alabama Association of Resource Conservation and Development Council.
(22) One member representing railroads appointed by the Alabama Railway Association.
(b) The term of all Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board appointees appointed after July 1, 2016, shall be for four years. The appointees may be reappointed for no more than two consecutive terms by the same appointing authority. The members of the Alabama Trails Commission Advisory Board shall serve until a successor is appointed.
(c) A vacancy on the advisory board shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment. Members whose terms have expired may continue to serve until replaced or reappointed.
(d) The membership of the advisory board shall be inclusive and reflect the racial, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state.(Act 2010-585, p. 1313, §2; Act 2016-149, §1.)