2018 Code of Alabama
Title 40 - REVENUE AND TAXATION.
Chapter 12 - LICENSES.
Article 5 - Motor Vehicles.
Division 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 40-12-240 - Definitions.
- Section 40-12-241 - Station wagons, jeeps, etc., classified as passenger automobiles.
- Section 40-12-242 - License taxes and registration fees - Private passenger automobiles and motorcycles.
- Section 40-12-243 - License taxes and registration fees - Exemption of private passenger vehicles of foreign consuls; special plates for such vehicles.
- Section 40-12-244 - License tags and registration fees - Exemption for members of armed forces, etc.
- Section 40-12-245.1 - License taxes and registration fees - Vehicles designed and constructed for transport of raw cotton from harvest to cotton gin.
- Section 40-12-246 - License taxes and registration fees - Motor buses or motor vehicles transporting passengers for hire.
- Section 40-12-246.1 - License tax and registration fees - Exemption for motor bus passenger carrier vehicles; special license.
- Section 40-12-247 - License taxes and registration fees - Hearses and ambulances.
- Section 40-12-248 - License taxes and registration fees - Trucks or truck tractors - Generally.
- Section 40-12-249 - License taxes and registration fees - Trucks or truck tractors - Change in gross vehicle weight allowance or in use of vehicle.
- Section 40-12-250 - Tags for motor vehicles used by state, etc.
- Section 40-12-251 - Motor tractors.
- Section 40-12-252 - Basis of tax for trailers; permanent license plate.
- Section 40-12-253 - Ad valorem taxation of motor vehicles.
- Section 40-12-254 - Motor vehicles issued to disabled veterans; fees.
- Section 40-12-255 - Manufactured homes.
- Section 40-12-256 - Travel trailers - Ad valorem taxation - Generally.
- Section 40-12-257 - Citations for noncompliance with Sections 40-12-255 and 40-12-256.
- Section 40-12-258 - Reregistration of certain stored motor vehicles; placement of license tags.
- Section 40-12-259 - Computation and payment of license tax and registration fee.
- Section 40-12-260 - Transfer of license plates; registration procedures; receipts; penalty.
- Section 40-12-262 - Effect of provisions relative to registration and display of tags on nonresidents; international registration plan; temporary trip permit; penalties.
- Section 40-12-263 - Registration of certain commercial vehicles owned by nonresidents prohibited.
- Section 40-12-264 - Time limit for purchase of tags or plates; dealer plates; manufacturer plates.
- Section 40-12-265 - Mutilation or alteration of tags; replacement tags; use of improper tags.
- Section 40-12-267 - Date licenses become due and delinquent.
- Section 40-12-268 - Other taxes precluded.
- Section 40-12-269 - Remittance of moneys and certification of lists of motor vehicles by probate judge.
- Section 40-12-270 - Disbursement of net proceeds from license taxes and registration fees; Secondary Road Committee created.
- Section 40-12-271 - Fee of probate judge or county license commissioner for issuing license.
- Section 40-12-272 - Rules and regulations for enforcement of Sections 40-12-260, 40-12-261, and 40-12-266.
- Section 40-12-273 - Increase in license tax and registration fee authorized.
- Section 40-12-274 - Disposition of additional fees collected pursuant to Section 40-12-274.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.