2018 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES.
Chapter 11 - IMPEACHMENT.
- Section 36-11-1 - Persons subject to impeachment and removal from office; grounds for impeachment generally.
- Section 36-11-2 - Disqualification from holding office a ground for impeachment.
- Section 36-11-3 - Investigations of alleged misconduct or incompetency of public officers by grand juries; disposition of grand jury reports.
- Section 36-11-4 - Duty of Attorney General and district attorneys to institute and prosecute impeachment proceedings.
- Section 36-11-5 - Manner of institution of impeachment proceedings generally; proceedings in name of state.
- Section 36-11-6 - Institution of impeachment proceedings by five resident taxpayers.
- Section 36-11-7 - Contents and execution of information generally.
- Section 36-11-8 - Verification of information when filed by taxpayers; costs generally.
- Section 36-11-9 - Proceedings in Supreme Court - Issuance and service of order to appear and answer information, summons and copy of information; setting of trial date, granting of continuances, etc.
- Section 36-11-10 - Proceedings in Supreme Court - Summoning and examination of witnesses generally; appointment and duties of examiners; conduct of trial.
- Section 36-11-11 - Proceedings in Supreme Court - Powers of examiners as to witnesses.
- Section 36-11-12 - Proceedings in Supreme Court - Rights of parties as to proceedings before examiners.
- Section 36-11-13 - Proceedings in circuit court - Issuance and service of order to appear and answer information, summons and copy of information; setting of trial date and granting of continuances generally.
- Section 36-11-14 - Proceedings in circuit court - When case stands for trial; conduct of trial generally; right to jury trial.
- Section 36-11-15 - Appeals to Supreme Court from judgment of circuit court - Authorization and procedure generally.
- Section 36-11-16 - Appeals to Supreme Court from judgment of circuit court - Requirement of security for costs; effect of appeal as to judgment of conviction.
- Section 36-11-17 - Duties, liabilities and fees of sheriffs, etc., for service of process, etc.; compensation of examiners; payment of fees, costs, etc.
- Section 36-11-18 - Execution of process, etc., where sheriff or clerk of court subject to impeachment proceedings.
- Section 36-11-19 - Drawing of jury where member of county commission, etc., subject to impeachment proceedings.
- Section 36-11-20 - Amendments allowed in trial of case; matters as to which evidence may be introduced.
- Section 36-11-21 - Fees and compensation of witnesses generally; statement to be filed by examiner as to fees and compensation to which witnesses entitled; payment of fees and compensation of state witnesses before Supreme Court when proceedings instituted on information of Attorney General.
- Section 36-11-22 - Preparation of final record of impeachment proceedings.
- Section 36-11-23 - Certification of vacancy in office upon final judgment of conviction.
- Section 36-11-24 - Proceedings under chapter not to be barred by statutes of limitations; effect of judgment under chapter generally; indictment, etc., of accused.
- Section 36-11-25 - Proceedings where defendant has removed, absconded, or secreted himself.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.