There is a newer version of this Article
2018 Code of Alabama
Title 28 - INTOXICATING LIQUOR, MALT BEVERAGES AND WINE.
Chapter 3 - REGULATION AND CONTROL OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN WET COUNTIES.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 28-3-1 - Definitions.
- Section 28-3-2 - Purpose and construction of chapter generally.
- Section 28-3-3 - Exceptions for ethyl alcohol intended or used for certain purposes.
- Section 28-3-4 - Provisions for maintenance of separation of financial and business interests between classes of businesses regulated by chapter.
- Section 28-3-5 - Retail dealers to furnish duplicate invoices for shipments of alcoholic beverages received from without state to board.
- Section 28-3-6 - Furnishing of statements of consignments and deliveries of alcoholic beverages to board by common carriers, contract carriers, etc.; carriers, etc., to permit examination of records by board.
- Section 28-3-7 - Persons, firms, etc., receiving, storing, selling or handling alcoholic beverages to preserve invoices, books, papers, etc., relating thereto; audit and inspection of invoices, books, etc., by board.
- Section 28-3-8 - Shipment, delivery, etc., within state of articles taxed by chapter by wholesale dealers or distributors generally; shipment, etc., of same to federal, military, etc., reservations within state by wholesale dealers or distributors.
- Section 28-3-9 - Wholesalers and distributors to file monthly reports of alcoholic beverages purchased or received.
- Section 28-3-10 - Wholesale dealers or distributors to file monthly reports as to orders of alcoholic beverages purchased by persons, firms, etc., without state.
- Section 28-3-11 - Invoices and receipts to be maintained by persons, firms, etc., selling or shipping goods, merchandise, etc., to persons, firms, etc., in another state or to federal government for army, navy or marine purposes; exemption from taxation goods purchased from Alcoholic Beverage Control Board for export to another country.
- Section 28-3-12 - Report of purchase, receipt, etc., of alcoholic beverages not having revenue, etc., stamps, crowns or lids affixed thereto.
- Section 28-3-13 - Sale within state of alcoholic liquors or beverages manufactured within states discriminating against alcoholic liquors or beverages manufactured, etc., in this state.
- Section 28-3-14 - Procedure for collection of due and unpaid taxes and penalties imposed by chapter; lien for taxes and penalties.
- Section 28-3-15 - Acquisition, dispensing, etc., of alcoholic beverages, wine, etc., for medicinal, scientific, etc., purposes by physicians, dentists, etc.; acquisition, etc., of wine for sacramental or religious purposes by ministers, pastors, etc.
- Section 28-3-16 - Advertising of alcoholic beverages.
- Section 28-3-17 - Location of state liquor store or sale of intoxicating liquors, malt beverages, wine, etc., in establishments within certain distances of grounds, etc., of state teachers colleges, eleemosynary institutions, etc.
- Section 28-3-18 - Laws as to manufacture or possession of illicit distilled liquor or apparatus for manufacture of same, etc., not repealed by chapter.
- Section 28-3-19 - Engaging in prohibited practices, refusing to permit, etc., inspections of premises, interfering with confiscation of contraband alcoholic beverages, etc., by persons, firms, etc., subject to taxes under chapter.
- Section 28-3-20 - Penalties for violations of provisions of chapter or rules and regulations of boards generally.
- Section 28-3-21 - Imposition of sentence to hard labor for county in lieu of jail sentence for violations of provisions of chapter.
- Section 28-3-22 - Remittance of part of prescribed penalties by board; board not to accept less than minimum penalties.
- Section 28-3-24 - Extension of time of sale of alcoholic beverages on Sunday in county or municipality where Sunday sales authorized.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.