2018 Code of Alabama
Title 25 - INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND LABOR.
Chapter 5 - WORKERS' COMPENSATION.
Article 3 - Elective Compensation Under Contract of Employment.
- Section 25-5-50 - Applicability; exemptions; coverage for school boards, volunteer fire departments, and rescue squads; sports officials.
- Section 25-5-51 - Right to compensation for injuries or death; grounds for denial of compensation.
- Section 25-5-52 - Manner of compensation, etc., provided by chapter exclusive.
- Section 25-5-53 - Rights and remedies of employees, etc., exclusive; civil and criminal liability of employers, etc.
- Section 25-5-54 - Presumptions as to applicability and acceptance of provisions of articles.
- Section 25-5-55 - Rights and powers of minors under article generally; effect of payment of awards to minors.
- Section 25-5-56 - Settlements between parties.
- Section 25-5-57 - Compensation for disability.
- Section 25-5-58 - Effect of preexisting injuries or infirmities.
- Section 25-5-59 - Waiting period for compensation; penalty for overdue compensation payments.
- Section 25-5-60 - Compensation for death.
- Section 25-5-61 - Persons presumed wholly dependent.
- Section 25-5-63 - Total dependents - Maximum compensation.
- Section 25-5-62 - Total dependents - Designated; order of compensation.
- Section 25-5-64 - Partial dependents.
- Section 25-5-65 - Compensation of orphans or other children.
- Section 25-5-66 - Disposition of compensation upon remarriage of widow of employee who has another dependent.
- Section 25-5-67 - Burial expenses.
- Section 25-5-68 - Maximum and minimum weekly compensation.
- Section 25-5-69 - Compensation to cease upon death or marriage of dependent; proportional benefits for dependents.
- Section 25-5-76 - Liability of joint employers.
- Section 25-5-77 - Expenses of medical and surgical treatment, vocational rehabilitation, medicine, etc.; medical examinations; review by ombudsman of medical services.
- Section 25-5-78 - Written notice to employer of accident - Required.
- Section 25-5-79 - Written notice to employer of accident - Service and contents.
- Section 25-5-80 - Limitation period for claims or actions for compensation.
- Section 25-5-81 - Determination of disputed compensation claims generally.
- Section 25-5-82 - Compensation for death to be paid only to United States residents.
- Section 25-5-83 - Commutation of compensation to lump sum payments.
- Section 25-5-84 - Modification of payments.
- Section 25-5-85 - Procedure for and effect of payment of compensation to court appointed trustee.
- Section 25-5-86 - Remedy for default upon periodic compensation payments; exemption of compensation claims, etc., from garnishment, etc.
- Section 25-5-87 - Preference of right to compensation, etc.
- Section 25-5-88 - Proceedings for determination of disputed claims for compensation - Commencement of action, etc.
- Section 25-5-89 - Proceedings for determination of disputed claims for compensation - Costs and fees.
- Section 25-5-90 - Proceedings for determination of disputed claims for compensation - Attorney's fees.
- Section 25-5-91 - Forwarding of copy of judgment, etc., to probate court; creation of judgment lien.
- Section 25-5-92 - Discharge of lien upon judgment payable periodically.
- Section 25-5-93 - Judgments discharged and marked satisfied upon proof of release or satisfaction of judgment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.